This is Part 2 of a 2 part Blog Series. You can find Part 1 here.
In my previous blog post , I covered many of the challenges and changes organizations are facing to stay safe, resilient to cyber threats so that they continue to have business success and growth. With these rapid changes top of mind for executives and boards, my colleague Dr. Rois Ni Thuama and I had the opportunity to sit down to discuss these issues with Mary Frantz, Managing Partner and Founder of Enterprise Knowledge Partners.
Over the past 25 years, Mary has held consulting and leadership positions in the areas of IT strategy, cybersecurity, cyber incident response, and Big Data. Mary is a court vetted expert in cybersecurity, data breach, breach remediation and forensics and she has worked on some of the biggest breaches and M&A deals. In short, she knows her stuff.
Among the key takeaways from our discussion:
- Cybersecurity should be embedded into everything we do.
- Industry is going to be challenged by what is “reasonably foreseeable.”
- Boards should prepare now for SEC and EU rules.
- The better boards already are planning for holistic cybersecurity, regular reporting and continuous monitoring of risks.
- Cybercriminals are still walking through the front door – and that has to change if you want to stay in business.
- Cyberinsurance isn’t going to be there if you leave the door open.
- The global economy is in peril. To maintain a free market we need to protect it.
- Cybersecurity is an enabler for business success and a driver for future growth.
The full interview can be found below.
If you have any questions on how Red Sift can help you with your Cybersecurity strategy please reach out.